Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Kurma nyam nyam

I love kurma. It's sweet yes, but with a glass of plain water, I can layan berbijik2 kurma in one go. Anyway, not all types of kurma I like. In general, I don't like them fresh and juicy and soft. I like them dried, not too chewy. Somehow there's this 1 type of kurma which I don't like - kulit kurma ni selalu tak melekat dgn isi. I cannot remember it's name.
The kurma that I like the most is kurma ajwa (aka kurma nabi since this one is Nabi Muhammad SAW's fav). Then followed by kurma mariami and safawy.
Dried and not so chewy.
Same like Mariami, but I think the isi is thicker.
I usually buy these at Pasar Tani. Seronok tgk mcm2 jenis kurma. Tu yg beria amik gambar. Tapi dia tak jual pulak kurma ajwa hari tu. Mungkin permintaan tak banyak, sebab kurma ajwa memang paling mahalll.
Selamat berpuasa by the way. I aim to puasa juga although dah masuk 3rd trimester. I'm doing a puasa try-out tomorrow (Khamis) and next week Monday. Puasa rase nya start Rabu. Risau jugak ni

15 July 2013
Di kala kami is running low on kurma, ni kira untuk berbuka hari ni memang takde kurma, tiba2 rezeki murah, ada vendor dtg buat presentation and bagi sekotak kurma. Alhamdulillah.
The box stated the dates as Piarum type. Tgk kaler, mcm Mariami. When I googled, Piarum is actually synonymous with Mariami. Woohooo!

26 July 2013
Rupa2nya ada kempen boikot kurma Iran because of Hizbullah support of Syrian regime and Syrian President Bashar Assad. Well, boycott of Iranian products actually but since this is month of Ramdhan, kurma product of Iran yang menjadi fokus. Kebetulan, one of my fav kurma ie kurma mariami is kurma from Iran. Aiseh..Oklah, will not buy anymore tapi those yg kat rumah kena la perabih kan. I shall miss mariami. Ajwah, safawi from now on.

No comments: