Wednesday, July 10, 2013

2013 First Day of Ramadhan - Fasting report

How was it? Surprisingly fine! I was majorly worried about fasting at this stage of pregnancy especially being  more tired as compared to other pregnancies plus numerous almost balck-out moments.
So, how did I managed it :
Day 1. Pregnancy 27 weeks.
Sahur at 5am with kurma sebijik and warm susu kambing (Hi-Goat) spiked with milo.
Ate bubur lambuk (hubby's fav and must have) with generous sprinkling of bawang goreng (mbak's specialty, maybe I'll post about this)
Ate a quarter of roti nan & chicken tandoori, bought yesterday, takut kempunan
Ate a slice of whole grain bread (Gardenia with sunflower seed) with scrambled eggs
Slept for 45mins-1hr before preparing to go to work. I had to heap 3 pillows and reclined sideways, takut sebu tekak.

Alhamdulillah, half of the morning I felt full, ke sebab perut dah sempit ke, wallahu'alam. Around lunch time, started to feel 'perut sejuk mintak diisi' :) Other than that, nothing dramatic happened. The evening, biasalah, sleepy time..particularly around 3-4pm. We rushed back around 430pm and arrived around 530pm. Yey, solat asar awal you..kat rumah lagi tuh! Jarang2 ni.

I did my asar prayer and read few pages of surah an-Nisaa' and its translation (fening baca ni mak oiii...), skipping the complex and confusing parts (segala yg lemah itu dtg dpd hamba2 Allah). Then got 30mins before breaking of fast and I tried to catnap, tapi susah la pulak sebab Huda dok mengendeng. Hubby pulak yg berjaya tidoq.

Breaking of fast finally came. We had yesterday's blackpepper chicken, tandoori leftover, sayur buncis and kentang masak bercili. Oh yes, tembikai & mangga (rainbow type). Bestnya! It's a testimony that I can puasa penuh. I drank like half mug of ribena. Then before going for maghrib prayer, drank another half mug of warm milo. Terlelap masa tunggu isya', langsung tidor until hubby came back from his tarawikh at a surau close by. That was about 1020pm.

Before I went to bed (tak isya' pun lagi...nak make sure budak2 tido dulu), I had a small bowl of wholegrain cereal with low fat milk and another half mug of milo. Haisshhh...memang perut dah sempit lah. Tak boleh muat byk2. Gone to bed around 1045. Around 130am I got up, did my isya' and tarawikh prayers.

So far, so good. Today, I plan to take kurma during breaking of fast, drink half a mug and do my maghrib prayer first. Then only eat and tido lah ngantuk. Bangun around 10ish to have some food and do isya'/tarawikh prayers before going to bed. Let's see how lah.

No comments: