Thursday, April 11, 2013

I missed so many special running events..sob sob

The first inaugural Malaysia Women Marathon happened recently in i-City Shah Alam on 7th Apr. I registered for 21km and even dragged hubby along as pacer.  Kononnya nak jalan all the way since cut-off nye quite generous ie 4hrs. Tapi saya perasan, if I did brisk walking during the weekend, I would feel light headed the next 1-2 days. So I decided tak payah lah attempt. Membahayakan diri & baby, terpaksalah forego.
Huhuhu..terkilan la jugak. Bertambah2 terkilan when I read the race report/ review of those runner bloggers that I follow : Nannoor, Lina, Pui San. Esp Nannoor & Lina, it was their FMV. Aaaaa jeles..anyways, good for them. Takpa, I know my time will come. Be patient heh. Baby is more important. Nanti baby besar, kita nak mengadu kat dia, bagi dia tau sikit mama kempunan lari masa ngandung kat dia (teruk tak? kakakaka).
This year, I plan it to be my year of half marathons. I've registered for 21KM events banyak ooo. Forego lagi... *sigh* nasib baik tak frust menonggeng, since memang kami dua org berusaha to get another kid. So in a way, di sudut hati tu tau things like this will happen.
Let's see those that I had and am going to forego...Brooks HM in March, this was supposed to be my 1st HM. I planned to run maybe up to 15-17KM (coz I've done 14KM) then walk all the way kalau tak larat, just to get a feel of HM. That one, first time they are giving out mini trophy instead of medal. Hubby pun tak lari sebab dok demam je few weeks before (ke dia pun ter'infect' with morning sickness..hmm..hmm?). We both gave away our race kit. My friend Yat ran with my bib and her boss ran with hubby's. Thanks Yat, terubat hati..siap dedicated the run to me on FB. Uhuhuhuh.
Next, would be the SCKLM. Konon2nya mother of all marathons in Malaysia. Last year, tgk banner2 race ni in KL bersepah2, pasang hajat je la time tu. Time2 tu, baru nak jinak2 berlari. This year, I registered me & hubby for 21KM. Yat is also joining. Takpe lah, terpaksa ku lepas kan jugak. Harap2 hubby proceed lari. So far, dia dok pegi gym 2-3 kali seminggu. Tak pikir lagi nak let go race kit ke saper.
Lagi satu, idea gila la jugak, I registered for FM, River Jungle Marathon for both of us. Heheheh..I plan to lenggang kangkung je this one, since the cut-off time is quite generous ie 8 hrs. Tapi organizer ni pun cannot make up their mind. Kdg2 website kata no cut-off (really?!) since they made it explicitly clear that this is not a race. Pastu, tak jadi pulak (duhhhh...) since kesian kat volunteers berjam2 and berpanas menunggu. Yang ni pun tak pikir nak let go race kit ke saper.
Byk lagi yang lain2, tapi the next one that I look forward to is Penang Bridge Marathon, Yat's homeground. She has been running this one every year, kalau tak injured lah. And this year is going to be run on the new 2nd link bridge..Uwaaaa...another special event that I missed.
This is the HM that I look forward to. I like hubby's medal last year. He ran solo since at that time I was in Lyon for work (sempat lari in J'oggiles 14.5KM okayyy..geram nye pasal missed out Penang Bridge). So I was hoping another beautiful medal AND after series of HMs, I sort of planning for a PR/ serious HM race on this one. Yang awal2 HM tu, just to set baseline.
This one would be the merriest as well. Yat & hubby will be running (of course, kita laa yg tolong register kan), together with Bedeng and Achai (kita jugak yg tolong register kan...apa laa..sib baik I enjoy register benda2 ni, so buleh la nak tolong register kan). This is part of their preparation for Mount Kinabalu hike. Another event I'll be missing...dah register for Kinabalu then 2 weeks after got to know preggy..nangis (hehehe..tak le nangis, saja drama)...Tgh pantang kut during hiking date. Few of friends based in Penang have voiced their interest to join the run ie Pokja, Amon. There will be a convoi driving from KL to Penang and we have offered to port in Gambier. Aiii..best nya. Kalau tak meriah, tak tau la.

Hahhhh..itu lah dia. Dear baby (baru 14weeks kut), I know you are worth it. In fact tak patut pun dicompare your worthiness dengan siri2 HM nih..you are way, way above. Macam lah mama tak bleh masuk event2 ni following year kan. Tapi mama nak sulk jugak..uwaaaa. Bagi chan la mama sulk eh? Sayaaaang baby.

No comments: