Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The year of 2014. Was it spent wisely?

I’m always pensive during year-end. Thinking about how time flies, how it seems to fly faster and faster. Can it not move slower? Hey time, can you please slow down?
A colleague confided that she sorts of trying to ignore each New Year. Entering my 4 series now, I do feel that I’m running out of time. Running out of time to do what?
More responsibility. Kids are growing, parents are ageing. More attention has to be given to them. At work, more accountability. New executives to coach and mentor. Always complaining that I need more time to complete my assignments. 
I guess I feel that I’m running out of time for myself. But surely god has given us enough time? So, it boils down to how wisely I will use my time.

Quoting from the movie Interstellar ‘We have to think about time as a resource..’, that’s it. My new year’s resolve. Treat time as a resource. Now, I have 2015, 365 days kalau umur panjang. Spend it wisely..ok?
"Demi Masa! Sesungguhnya manusia itu dalam kerugian; Kecuali orang-orang yang beriman dan beramal soleh dan mereka pula berpesan-pesan dengan kebenaran serta berpesan-pesan dengan kesabaran."
(Surah Al-Asr,Ayat 1-3)

No comments: