Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A gift from a friend - book on Susu ibu

Recently I posted in FB that I've been bottle feeding my LO with EBM. Yep, direct BF was unsuccessful due to slow letdown and Umar's impatience was not helping. A friend heard the hidden distress call and posted me a book, as a gift. Jarang ibu baru dpt gift ye tak? Selalu org bagi hadiah to the baby.
Thanks Leen! The author is her SIL.
I was too hung up on preparation for delivery, and paid less attention to breastfeeding preparation. I prayed a lot for healthy pregnancy and healthy baby, for smooth delivery and fast recovery. I forgot to pray about BF. So, will be reading this book. Like I mentioned to my FB friend - tak surrender lg to direct BF. It's a strategic retreat, will re-attemp once letdown and milk supply is sufficient. For now, kita pump dulu!

8 Nov 2013
Going into 5th week now. Let's see the progress so far. Still feeding Umar with formula - 3rd tin now, have to buy 4th tin soon (konon nak target full BF by 2nd tin formula - uhuhuk tak dapek). However, BF is taking center stage ie only give formula if Umar still hungry post BF. Got faster letdown, last time macam jenuh nak nunggu letdown. On average, once bottle feed formula midday and once/twice before nap. Once in a while je feed EBM (kalau tgh mlm Umar tak bgn so I'll pump). Now need to tackle milk production. Still low and have to make sure Umar is not that hungry when BF. Kalu idak, frenzy2 marah2 awang tu.
So for the mission to increase milk production. Took fenugreek last Saturday ie half TSP for the whole day. Mmm...gassy and minor stomach cramp. So I stopped fenugreek today. Been taking oats like 2-3 TBSP a day, plan to increase the amount. Will re-attemp fenugreek maybe in few days time.
And yes, makan lebih sikit, minum air byk sikit, minum susu jugak.

No comments: